Jeannie Francis Pet Photography is located in Lexington, Kentucky. I started this branch of photography due to my love of animals!
Contact me at email@example.com to book a session or for more information!
Gift Certificates are available!
Before Your Studio Visit
- Feel free to review pictures on the website, Instagram and Facebook pages to have an idea of what types of pictures/backdrops you would like to have. Backdrop options can be viewed here: Backdrop Options
- You are welcome to bring props (pet’s favorite toys, blanket, clothing, hair bows, bow ties, hats etc.) for the pictures.
- You can choose between various backdrops
- Accidents are ok. My home is dog-friendly!
A Few Tips
- Please bring your pet’s favorite treats. I will have treats on hand, but they may only like their favorites. :)
- No shock collars please!
- Please bring a long thin leash. We have to abide by the leash laws for outdoor sessions, and long thin leashes allow me to edit them out later. The thinner and longer, the better. The length will allow you to still be close to your furbaby, but easily out of the frame when needed. The leash can also be used in the studio sessions, if your pup wants you close to them.
- If you are going to be in photos with your furbaby, it's best to choose solid neutral colors (no bright colors or busy patterns). Black will show every detail (fur, fuzz, etc.) also. Grays, creams, browns and pastels tend to work best. If you are doing studio photos, it will depend on what type of backdrops you want. We can always discuss and get things coordinated before your session :)
Pet Photography Rates
Studio Session – Starting at $140
Outdoor Session - Starting at $165
Smash Cake Mini-Sessions are available also with lots of fun colors! Cake Smash Session Info
Travel - Sessions outside of Lexington, KY start at $165. Mileage will be added to the session price (which is calculated based on the address). I do have a portable studio for those that can't come to my home studio, as long as there's an open area in your home I can set up.
Please Note the Following for all Sessions
- Pets must be up to date on all vaccinations - please bring proof of vaccination records when arriving.
- Pets must have had a flea/tick treatment within the last 30 days
- Pets must not be aggressive. If a pet shows aggression, they will have to be put on a leash for the shoot. If the aggression continues, the shoot will have to end at that time with payment in full.
- Pets must not have a contagious sickness/disease
- Pets should be healthy enough for a session
- No photographs or video can be taken during your shoot other than by photographer
- Images may not be altered in any way by Client
- .CR2 (RAW) images are not given to client and are not available for purchase. Client will receive edited images.
- A contract and a nonrefundable deposit are required to hold your date. Final payment (minus the deposit) is due the day of the shoot. The date can only be held for 5 business days while awaiting contract/deposit.
- Gift Certificates are available and can be mailed to you or emailed! Gift Certificates are non-refundable and are good for 6 months.
- High-resolution edited images are downloadable from your online gallery and will be available for 3 months. A flash drive of images may be purchased for $25.
- You can order prints and various items (over 300 different items) from the self-service area from your online gallery (prints will look best if you do not choose the "color correction" option available). From here you can crop to different sizes or even convert to black and white. This is a professional printing lab. A print release form will also be provided so you can order prints wherever you like. Please be careful where you print, however, as you should always use a professional printing lab for photos.
- Extensive Photoshopping (double chins, slimming, extensive acne, fixing hair, background changes, head swaps, removing/changing items, etc.): the current editing rate is $1 per minute per photo from the company I use and they can provide you a close estimate upon request of how much it may cost you.
- PayPal (to address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unless otherwise specified, it is understood that any and all rights to proofs, final or sample prints, thereof shall remain the property of the Photographer and may be used for advertising, display or any other purpose thought proper by the Photographer. Client may not profit in any way from the photographer’s work or claim photograph was taken by them. Client may not use any images received for any commercial or editorial purposes. Client may not enter images into any competitions, contests, art/fair shows or have photographs published. Client may not alter images in any way nor allow others to alter them in any way.
Pet Photography Pages